Tuesday, March 17, 2009

[Addicted]




Cameron and I have recently fallen in love with the card game NERTS. I’ve played for years and years with my family. Apparently so has he. I’ve never lost in my family and most of the time could play by myself against both my parents on a team and win. The funny thing is, Cameron’s never been very good at it, until now. The first time we played one on one, Cameron whooped me 4 times in a row! I was so shocked I had to call my mom and tell her about it! I honestly didn’t know what to do with myself. All my mom said was “Bless that Man!” I’ve since woken up to the fact that when only 2 people are playing, it’s not about who’s faster, but more of who’s more aware of what’s going on. Cameron really kills me most of the time. It’s infuriating! Couples in our ward have invited us over to play and we’re pretty darn good as a team. :) We’ve made some awesome friends named Brady and Danielle Sanders. They are total NERTS fans too, so our Sunday afternoons consist of good food, good friends, and good competition. I love beating Cameron, almost as much as he loves beating me. It’s hilarious because you get so frustrated but can’t help but laugh at how proud we both get. Most of the time we play until our brains beg us to stop. Upon discovering each others’ infatuation with the card game, we’ve played in various locations, including restaurants while waiting for our food, the city park, and the kitchen floor. We’re absolutely addicted.

5 comments:

  1. i bought this awesome game you will love, next time we have to play it. it is a lot like nertz! i told this to cam but you guys need to come on a sunday and stay cuz the kids go down at 7:45 and we can play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never played but it sounds fun... sounds like life is going well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - that is so fun! Dave and I were ADDICTED to that and Hand & Foot when we were first married. Now if only we had the time for that . . . I swear as soon as the kids are in bed we are working out or cleaning, etc.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're funny. Spencer LOVES that game, and begs me to play it with him all the time. I am of the mind now that I need a game that helps me relax when I actually have time with him to play a game. Sometimes when i read your blog I think you are me. LOL. I never lost at that game either, but Spencer can beat me all the time!

    ReplyDelete